Time scale: 2+ Days Booking
Prices: £285.00 per day (9am-6pm). Our fees are computed by reference to the time spent detailing your vehicle by our professional detailer’s and take into account the consumables used, degree of responsibility and skill along with the vehicle’s size and complexity.
This Detail is the pinnacle of Auto-Detail’s machine polishing services, often removing up to 99% of paintwork imperfections including light scratches, swirls, marring and holograms; only the complexity of the bodywork, severity of defects and the limit of the measured paint depth levels and previous repairs can limit full paint correction. The finished, highly polished paintwork will surpass the original, often mediocre factory paint finish. Full paint correction is often seen as an excellent alternative to a costly respray at a fraction of the cost and with out the associated problems.
The completed full paint correction detail will significantly enhance the colour of the paintwork and over-all surface gloss of the finished vehicle. Metallics, pearls, xirallics and straight paint colours will be brought to life, showing their true and often varied hues. The painstakingly conducted multi-stage rotary machine polishing process removes only the minimal amount of the uppermost layer of the paints lacquer (usually 2-3 Microns) to reveal the “as new” paintwork beneath. An ultrasonic ‘Paint Depth Gauge’ is used to take readings from every painted panel before and during the machine polishing process to ensure there are adequate levels of paint or lacquer to repair.
The process in stages:
- Low pressure rinse to remove lose dirt
- The vehicle is ‘Snow Foamed’ and left to dwell for 5 to 10 minutes to gently remove traffic film before rinsing.
- Paintwork is treated for road tar deposits.
- Multi-stage two-bucket wash method to prevent further paint imperfections, using Chenille or Wool wash mitts.
- Alloy wheel front faces/spokes/inner rim, tyres and brake calipers all cleaned using gentle pH neutral cleaners.
- Wheel arches/liners cleaned and protected to look factory fresh.
- All badges, grilles, vents and exhaust tips are cleaned.
- Paintwork and exterior glass is clay barred to remove bonded surface contaminants, tree sap, insects and fallout.
- Vehicle rinsed and then dried using micro fiber drying towels and specialist hot air dryer.
- Paintwork is cleansed with Isopropyl alcohol to remove any glaze or oils that may optically hide any imperfections.
- Area’s of the vehicle not to be polished are masked off.
- Paint depth readings are taken using an ultrasonic gauge to measure coating thickness on both ferrous and non-ferrous metals, accurately and quickly.
- Specialist Metal Halide, Zenon and Daylight lamps lighting are used to evaluate the damage to the paintwork.
- The paint is rotary machine polished using diminishing abrasives and polishing pad combinations to remove up to 99% of the imperfections.
- The corrected paintwork is then polished with finer abrasives using a technique know as ‘Jeweling’ to produce unrivaled depth and clarity.
- Paintwork is cleansed once again with Isopropyl alcohol to remove any polish that may optically hide any imperfections before close inspection.
- A pre-treatment is then conducted to aid the bonding of wax or sealant.
- Carnauba wax or sealant applied to all paintwork.
- Chrome/stainless steel trim/exhaust tips polished and protected.
- Alloy wheels faces and rims waxed using a brake dust repellent sealant.
- Tyre’s cleaned and dressed to a satin factory finish.
- Windows and mirrors cleaned and polished, inside and out.
- Final inspection and wipe down of all paintwork with Zaino Z8 ‘Grand Finale’ protective spray sealant.
- Upgrade to ‘Paint Protection’ and gloss enhancing systems by Zaino, GTechniq or Swissvax.
- Full interior detail including deep cleansing of carpets and mats. Leather cleaning and treatment.
- Touch-in paint chips or deep scratches and knib/flat down before polishing.
- Paintless dent removal from body panels.
- Wet sand paintwork to remove factory ‘Orange peel’ or poor bodyshop finish.
- Anti-Bacterial cleaning of the air-conditioning system £25.
- Rain repellent glass sealant. Windscreen £20, Full glass £35.
- In-depth engine and bay detail to leave a factory-look finish.
- Full alloy wheel refurbishment of standard, diamond cut, polished and split-rim.
- Iron X alloy wheel ferrous bonded brake dust removal.
- Wheels off, alloy wheel decontamination detail and protective sealant.
- Leather repair and Connollising of interior or luggage.
- Convertible fabric roof re-dyed (choice of colours) and water proofed.
- Windscreen stone chip (star or bulls-eye) repair.
- 3M Paint Protection Film fitting and cleaning.
- Lacquered Carbon Fibre polishing
Please note that all detailing prices shown are for guidance only. All prices shown are dependent on make/model and condition; all prices thus reflect the amount of time spent by auto-detail professional detailers. Please note all cancellations will be charged at £120 per day booked to compensate our detailers for loss of earnings and expenses incurred.